Re: New scanner/printer combo

On Saturday 24 October 2009, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Saturday 24 October 2009, Jim wrote:
>>On 10/24/2009 12:11 PM, Louis Lagendijk wrote:
[...]

>>These drivers from
>>
>>http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/
>>
>>are not of the greatest, so keep check for Gutenprint-cups drivers they do
>> very good drivers.
>>
>>Do a yum install gutenprint-cups and see if your printer is in the Printer
>> selection chart
>
>Unforch:
>Package gutenprint-cups-5.2.4-4.fc10.i386 already installed and latest
>version
>
>Because if I had my druthers, only gutenprint would ever be installed, all
>the others are just so much noise in the cups driver list.
>
>Thanks.

Lemme toss in a PS here that may be of interest, particularly for those users
whose std page size is A4.  Since installing the epson iscan stuff, it is
actually usable from xsane!  There are some scaling problems that cause a
loss of the edges of a letter sheet being copied, but it does mostly work.
The edges show in a 'view' but are clipped off if sent to the printer using
either their driver which is stuck in A4 mode, or in the NX-400 cups driver.
Test sheets to the NX-400 ppd are correctly borderless but are not
overscanned.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

There are two problems with a major hangover.  You feel
like you are going to die and you're afraid that you won't.