Re: How does one remove the nvidia driver and install nouveau ?

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 20:06 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I need to test my computer with the nouveau driver in order to provide
> information for a bug report I contributed.  Besides, I would like to
> see how well the open source driver works compared to the proprietary
> one.
>
> So how does one remove the nvidia driver and install the nouveau driver
> in its place ?

The nvidia driver still uses xorg.conf.  Run 'livna-config-display
--active off' to prevent the starutp script from modifying xorg.conf.
Then edit xorg.conf and change the driver from 'nvidia' to 'nouveau'.
The reboot.

I think that'll do it.

--
                Matthew Saltzman