Re: CPU temperature Thinkpad R61

Fernando Cassia wrote:

> By the way, when I say "air compressor" I mean one like these.
> http://toolmonger.com/2006/05/31/home-use-air-compressor-on-a-budget/
>
> These are small, have wheels, and can be easily moved around your
> home/office and are small enough to be stored in a closet.
>
> Before someone mentions compressed air, let me tell you that you
> cannot match with a can of compressed air the cleaning power of the
> air coming out of an air compressor. That´s what llows you to
> completely clean a notebook cooler from the outside without ever
> opening up your notebook (and as I said, you must do it with the
> notebook powered up and functioning, otherwise the dust you remove
> won´t be expelled out by the notebook´s own fans and air flow, but you
> would be just moving dust inwards..

You do not want to use that type of compressor to clean electronics.
You would need both an oil remover and a regulator. The normal
operating pressure is more then high enough to damage the computer,
especially the fans. You can also put a fine film of oil because
this type of compressor is oil lubricated. Some of the oil gets in
the compressed air. This is good for air tools, but bad for computers.

If you want to use an air compressor, consider one designed to be
used with air brushes. This is a much cleaner air supply.

Mikkel