Re: F11: Spooky network manager

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 20:38 -0400, lanas wrote:
> All,
>
>   This could be a Halloween special but I'm afraid it's not.  This time
> around it looks like I have to 'tango macabre' with the network manager
> since the machine is a laptop.  If there's a way to use wifi w/o it,
> please let me know !
You can use network and system-config-network

>   So basically it works but, after I enter the AP's WPA key, NM pops up
> a dialog box with the caption: 'Enter password for default keyring to
> unlock'.  I spent minutes and minutes at that dialog box entering user,
> root and WPA passwords again and again (maybe I made a typo ?) to end up
> pressing the 'deny' button and see the wifi connection up and running.
> Of course, at the next boot it asked me to enter the WPA key again, as
> well as the 'unlock' password to which I replied 'deny' again.  This is
> instantly.

It looks like, not surprisingly , the gnome keyring was given a passwd
when it was created. How to guess what that was is more a mystery.
I am not sure about that. I know that is not much help.
There is a program gnome-keyring which you can install. It used to
appear in the menus but now I can't find nor an I clear how to run it.