Re: Restoring Network Manager Applet

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 09:35:14PM +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > It is similar to Gnome. If notification area is already on your panel, then
> > right click that and see whether the Network Manager applet is hidden. The
> > XFCE notification area allows you to choose which applets you want to hide
> > with a collapsible arrow.
>
> Thanks, Suvayu, but I cannot find the collapsible arrow. Any ideas?

No but:
	# pgrep nm-applet

If it's not running, start it from the command line, it doesn't auto-start
like most deamons, no idea why:
	# nm-applet &

No idea how XFCE auto-starts programs.

I start "saved" sessions in KDE, it auto starts nm-applet for me.

Nit: KDE should really order the startup, my IM's (pidgin and skype) and
firefox often run before the network is up, best if they would start
sometime after nm-applet (even if those apps auto-wait for a network to be
up, I think they slow down nm-applet).

-- Patrick Mansfield