Re: Anyone running F11 on a Dell mini ? (Or another mini ?)

Frank Cox wrote:
On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:12:52 -0700
Rick Stevens wrote:

Linuxguy123 wrote:
How is it working for you ?
I run it on an Acer Aspire One.  Works fine.

 *blink*  Is THAT what he meant by minicomputer?  How could you possibly call
something like that a mini?  "See my tractor-trailer rig" and I show you a
Honda Civic with trailer hitch?

Well, I'm assuming that's what s/he meant.  I, too, am of the old school
where "mainframes" were S/370s, Sigmas and the like; "minis" were
PDP-11s, Vaxen, Novas and their ilk; and "micros" were anything smaller.
With "laptops", "portables" and "netbooks", the lines are even fuzzier.

 Don't use it much, the
display is somewhat small for my old eyes and the keyboard is a but
tight for my hands, but it works perfectly--including audio.

I love my Acer Aspire One; it's great for what I use it for (reading books and
network testing, mostly).  The keyboard is indeed too small to do any real
typing on, though.

And the touchpad can be a bit too sensitive.  But then, I'm a big oaf.

Only complaint is that it won't light up the WLAN LED, but WLAN works
well.

My wireless indicator led magically started working a couple of kernel updates
ago.

Hmmm.  Mine still hasn't.  I did do a big-arsed update a couple of days
ago, but I haven't rebooted the machine since then.  Perhaps it will
work now.