Re: Can ISPs be trusted?

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 1:58 AM, Nifty Fedora Mitch
<niftyfedora@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Another external input is the mail message that Thunderbird is replying to.
> In general a graphical email tool will transparently pick up the character set
> of the message you reply to.  Some HTML/XML/RichText messages can have multiple
> character sets in a message that includes previous messages in this and that
> language/ character set.   The most common reply hook is to "reply in kind".  If you
> send me html mail I would assume that you are OK with HTML and if you reply to
> a 'text' email then a reply in the same 'text' mode is apropos.

First, note that I post this from my gmail account as I can't access
my  altern account: "connected to server" appears in the status bar,
but the login page doesn't load. Just another of the numerous problems
I encounter.

> Also mail transport agents are getting character set aware.

I was the original poster for this thread, it's, as far as I know, the
only message using this charset, and I never wrote the reply header I
have for this *one* message. I certainly hope mail transport agent
don't rewrite reply headers :)

One thing I thought might be of interest. It often takes 30-40 seconds
before the sent message is copied to the sent folder. Sometimes,
though rarely, a message saying ~ "Your message could not be copied to
the sent folder" appears.

Thanks for your answer!