Re: Using a USB Hub on Linux ?

On 10/09/2009 02:48 PM, Mikkel wrote:
Jim wrote:
 From what I have read, If you have all the boxes on the same LAN, and
the printer
connected by ethernet the boxes should be able to connect to printer using
lpd:// instead of ipp:// .
Am I on the right track ?

Does the print server support both lpd and ipp? Do you have the
correct print queue? The queue names may be different for lpd then
for ipp.

Mikkel
I'm using lpd:// .
I have my home cups network printer setup that way and I can print without any problems. I'm using a 2Wire 1800HW router. Samsung CLX3175FN Printer.

But I have a friend with the same settings using a Linksys WRT54GS router and I can ping the Printer from a Linux (cups) and windows XP. But it won't allow either computer to send and print from a Samsung CLX3175FN.

Called Linksys, as usual there is nothing wrong with their router.