Re: What happened to NFS on fedora 11?

> As of today, specifying udp causes my fileserver to work and the default
> setting (whatever it may be) no longer works.

> The advantage (to me) of specifying udp in this case is obvious: my fileserver
> works again.

Have you tried forcing NFS v3? You may be defaulting to v4 and only v4
for some reason; new kernel, new nfs-utils. (The error does say
"requested NFS version or transport protocol is not supported".)

You can check the NFS version and protocol of the Intel box's exports
with either rpcinfo -p or nmap -nsTR just in case there is a TCP
export too that you are somehow not able to mount with your current
fstab entry/mount command.