Re: F11 and CD Failure

Mikkel wrote:
Hiisi wrote:
2009/10/6 Daniel B. Thurman <dant@xxxxxxxxx>:
<--SNIP-->
# mkdir /media/cd
# mount /dev/sd0 /media/cd
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

-t option with appropriative type (vfat?).
Try 'dmesg | tail' after you've disk just inserted.
And the first place you should consalt with:
man mount
Unless someone really worked at it, it is not going to be vfat. It
should probably be iso9660. But with CDs, it usually means that the
CD isn't readable, or is not a data CD.

Mikkel
I tried this on F9, it does not seem to work:

# mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/sr0 /media/cd
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sr0,
      dmesg | tail  or so

Interestingly,  removing the CD from the drive results:
# mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/sr0 /media/cd
mount: No medium found

Note: /dev/cdrom does not work.  I tried this for both
of my CD CD/DVD drives and I note that the devices
respectively are: /dev/sr0 and /dev/sr1

# mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/cdrom /media/cd
mount: special device /dev/cdrom does not exist

But then again, on F9 (as I reported earlier), hal is able
to recognize both of my drives and to automount and
start the default audio CD application perfectly.

So - something is wrong with F11's device handlers...
or so I think.

I cannot think of what else to try...