Re: Installing Windows afterFedora

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> I have managed to go for just under a decade without a Windows
> machine, but now I need to have such, and I'd like to add it to an
> existing machine with a large enough partition which was used as work
> area for a project since shipped. The problem is that while I've put
> Fedora (and Linux back to SLS and Slackware on 2.2 kernels) on Windows
> machines, I haven't done it with anything else after, Linux has always
> been "the last OS you'll ever need" for dual boot.
>
> I'm not worried about the grub.conf, but the boot sector could be an
> issue, I have seen reports that XP with patches and Win7 check the
> boot sector now (XP at patch level 3). other than having to rewrite
> the boot sector, is that going to be an issue? Any other things I
> should know?

Different people have different reasons for needing a Windows machine.
They also have different requirements.  I also need a Windows machine
from time to time.  But, I find dual boot an unnecessary evil since my
requirements don't include something like game playing.  So, I've found
running Windows in a virtual machine a better option.  Just wondering if
you've considered that option.

--
Disco oil bussing will create a throbbing naugahide pipeline runnin
straight to the tropics from the rug producing region and devalue the