Re: Presto, a comment -

--- On Fri, 10/2/09, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Presto, a comment -
> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Friday, October 2, 2009, 3:54 PM
>
> That certainly eases the pain for those of us who are
> limited in how much b.w. we can use each month! I've been
> putting off the updates 'til now.
>
>    Finishing rebuild of rpms, from
> deltarpms
>    <delta rebuild>
>

>     | 101
>    MB     00:02
>    Presto reduced the updates to 27 M from
> 101 M which is a 74% savings.
>    Package(s) data still to download: 12 M
>
> Bob

I agree, but I think it would be better if presto said this at the outset, and not after starting the updates.

So, when we say "yum update", lets say, it would be more helpful to get the value required to be downloaded and then we can decide yes or no. Right now, it says this only after we have decided to update. Still, it is great using presto!

Best wishes,