Re: snip extraneous quotes from your posts to the list, dammit

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Wednesday 30 September 2009 15:29:07 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Well if he had you wouldn't know about it would you? I know I've done it
on occasion. There is a point to sometimes complaining publicly: keeping
all complaints private sends the implicit message that no-one has a
problem with the objectionable behaviour.

It also makes it look as though the comment is aimed at one person, when usually it has built up over several messages.

It would greatly help if people would remember that not all are fortunate enough to have unlimited cheap bandwidth. This is not merely a politeness, but a necessity for those people.

The public comment generated 27 (so far) replies, which is a pretty good troll. A single polite "would you" generates none, and will either work or not, depending on the recipient, and is less likely to cause a defensive response.

Having been accused of trimming too much, and having my own posts trimmed so someone can tell me something I included in the original post, I try to trim lightly, although not THAT lightly.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>