Re: I can't connect via ssh

On 09/25/2009 04:16 PM, Mikkel wrote:
Germán Racca wrote:
Hi list:

I need to use ssh to transfer data between a PC and a notebook, both
with Fedora 11, but the result is, from notebook to PC:

$ ssh xx.xx.xx.xx
ssh: connect to host xx.xx.xx.xx port 22: No route to host

$ ping xx.xx.xx.xx
> From xx.xx.xx.xx icmp_seq=11 Destination Host Unreachable
> From xx.xx.xx.xx icmp_seq=12 Destination Host Unreachable
> From xx.xx.xx.xx icmp_seq=13 Destination Host Unreachable

> From PC to notebook there is no response.
Please can anybody help me?

Abrazos,
Germán.

This sounds like a network setup issue. But it is hard to tell
without the actual IP addresses. It would also help to have the
output from "/sbin/ifconfig" and "/sbin/route -n" from both
machines. There could also be a firewall issue, but it is better to
check that the network is working correctly before looking into that.

Mikkel
Just be sure in Service you have enabled SSHD and you have in your /home directory a folder named .ssh and a file inside that named known_host , that should be all that is required.
If not, the settings in your router.