Re: How much memory do I have?

Steven W. Orr wrote:
On 09/21/09 00:23, quoth Clint Dilks:
Hi

4G is the Limit but your Bios can cause issues like you are seeing.  Try
going into your Bios options and seeing if there are relevant options
there.  On some Desktop Systems in order to access as much of the 4G as
possible you need to be running a PAE kernel.

Ok, How do I tell if my cpu supports PAE? Was that visible in the output I
sent or is there something I can run to see it?

I haven't looked at your previous message but most modern CPU's have PAE support.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Address_Extension
Steven W. Orr wrote:
On 09/21/09 00:11, quoth Frederick Abrams:
>From what i remember on a 32Bit the maximum ammount of memory your pc
will see/make use of is 3Gb to make use of anything more than 3GB you
need to use a 64Bit OS.

Regards,
Fred

On 09/21/2009 08:01 AM, Steven W. Orr wrote:
I just upgraded my MB from 1 to 4Gig of ram.  The relevant part of
lshw is
below. So I saw that and then I though I was ok. Then I went and did
a cat of
/proc/meminfo
Can someone confirm this? Last I heard, 32Bits meant 4Gig. The HW sees
it.
lshw sees it. The kernel should not be limited by it. No?