How much memory do I have?

I just upgraded my MB from 1 to 4Gig of ram.  The relevant part of lshw is
below. So I saw that and then I though I was ok. Then I went and did a cat of
/proc/meminfo

It says:

[root@saturn proc]# cat meminfo
MemTotal:      3114472 kB
MemFree:        565796 kB
Buffers:        238980 kB
Cached:        1121752 kB
SwapCached:          0 kB
Active:        1727672 kB
Inactive:       716700 kB
HighTotal:     2228160 kB
HighFree:        12772 kB
LowTotal:       886312 kB
LowFree:        553024 kB
SwapTotal:     2008084 kB
SwapFree:      2008084 kB
Dirty:             420 kB
Writeback:           0 kB
AnonPages:     1083668 kB
Mapped:         137348 kB
Slab:            59312 kB
SReclaimable:    47472 kB
SUnreclaim:      11840 kB
PageTables:      10060 kB
NFS_Unstable:        0 kB
Bounce:              0 kB
WritebackTmp:        0 kB
CommitLimit:   3565320 kB
Committed_AS:  2633904 kB
VmallocTotal:   110584 kB
VmallocUsed:     49928 kB
VmallocChunk:    55284 kB
HugePages_Total:     0
HugePages_Free:      0
HugePages_Rsvd:      0
HugePages_Surp:      0
Hugepagesize:     4096 kB
DirectMap4k:     98304 kB
DirectMap4M:    819200 kB

Is the MemTotal the real total amount that the kernal sees? Is there a boot
option to increase it? I'm confus4ed because my bios sees the memory, and lshw
sees it.

TIA. lshw output below:

saturn.syslang.net
    product: System Product Name
    vendor: System manufacturer
    version: System Version
    serial: System Serial Number
    width: 32 bits
    capabilities: smbios-2.3 dmi-2.3 smp-1.4 smp
    configuration: boot=normal chassis=desktop cpus=1
uuid=602459FF-5E1D-D711-92 8F-0013D4D1B010
  *-core
       product: A8N-SLI Premium
       vendor: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
       physical id: 0
       version: 1.02
       serial: 123456789000
     *-firmware
          vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
          physical id: 0
          version: ASUS A8N-SLI Premium ACPI BIOS Revision 1009 (10/21/2005)
          size: 128KiB
          capacity: 448KiB
          capabilities: pci pnp apm upgrade shadowing cdboot bootselect
socketed rom edd int13floppy360 int13floppy1200 int13floppy720 int13floppy2880
int5printscreen int9keyboard int14serial int17printer int10video acpi usb
ls120boot zipboot biosbootspecification
     *-cpu
          product: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
          vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
          physical id: 3
          bus info: cpu@0
          version: 15.7.10
          slot: Socket 939
          size: 2200MHz
          capacity: 3700MHz
          width: 64 bits
          clock: 200MHz
          capabilities: boot fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce
cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx
mmxext x86-64 3dnowext 3dnow up cpufreq
        *-cache:0
             physical id: a
             slot: L1 Cache
             size: 128KiB
             capacity: 128KiB
             capabilities: synchronous internal write-back data
        *-cache:1
             physical id: b
             slot: L2 Cache
             size: 512KiB
             capacity: 512KiB
             capabilities: synchronous internal write-back unified
     *-memory:0
          physical id: 43
          slot: System board or motherboard
          size: 4GiB