Re: Why does laptop battery show < 100% charge

2009/9/17 Matthew Saltzman <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> OK What's the best way to request that?  Would it get generated as a
> consequence of the power manager RFE?  Or should I file it separately?
> Anything special about kernel feature requests?

Well, you can file a kernel bug if you want, but it's a fair chunk of
new functionality and it's functionality that is very vendor specific
as it's not in the ACPI standards. For IBM thinkpads, see
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Tp_smapi

Be aware that tpm-smapi was refused entry to the upstream kernel, and
probably won't be accepted by the fedora kernel as a result. Consult
the kernel.org archives for the full discussion.

Richard.