Re: Why does laptop battery show < 100% charge

Paolo Galtieri wrote:
This is something that has been driving me crazy over the last several weeks. I have my laptop plugged into AC power and has been plugged into AC power for several days now, but the battery applet shows 97.3% charge. It has been showing < 100% for several days and never reaches 100%. The battery is less than 3 months old. I'm running F11 with all the latest updates.

On some laptops the charger does not get started if the battery charge
is greater than some percentage (perhaps 95%).  Saves pointless wear
on the battery for very little gain.  My Lenovo laptop claims to work
that way, though I've seen it go into the "charging" state when the
battery was already near full charge.

                Do NOT delete it.