Re: F11: Amarok doesn't see all my music files [FOLLOWUP]

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 14 September 2009 19:47:46 Don Levey wrote:
>> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>> 1) Is it reproducible with individual albums? Can you copy all tracks
>>> of an affected album to a different location and reproduce the problem
>>> there?
>> Yep - there seems to be something about the tracks, I guess.
>>
>>> 2) Have you run  amarokcollectionscanner  in a terminal yet to see
>>> what output it gives for an album that is affected?
>> Not yet; I'm about to...
>> OK, I ran it.  I tested on a directory in which I know I've had
>> problems, (has two subdirectories, each with one album) and I see no
>> error or differences between working and non-working tracks.  I then
>> went up one level to the entire collection, but there was too much
>> information.  I did see a run of "invalid sample rate" errors but these
>> didn't reference a file.
>>
>> Does this make sense?
>>
>>  -Don
>>
> Don, if this turns out to be complicated, there is a dedicated list (not too
> high traffic, compared with this one) at

This was an excellent suggestion.  It turns out that the solution was here:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/amarok/2009-July/008876.html

By simply 'touch'-ing the affected directories, the collection scanner
picked up the missing tracks.  All seems OK now, thanks!
 -Don