Re: F11: Amarok doesn't see all my music files

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:30:15 -0400, Don wrote:

> Please forgive me if this is not the appropriate place for this question.
>
> I am running Amarok 2.1.1 (Qt 4.5.2, KDE 4.3.00, MySQL 5.1.37) on Fedora
> 11.  I have a reasonably large collection of MP3s that I've built up
> over the years, housed on a central server on my network and mounted on
> my PC via NFS.  I can point Amarok to the collection and scan it, and
> *most* of the files are picked up for the "local collection."  However,
> there are some that do not show at all.
>
> I thought that it might have been the program used to encode the tracks,
> but I'm finding certain albums which are incomplete - I can see tracks
> 1-5, for example, but not tracks 6-10, and the entire album was ripped
> at once.  Some entire albums don't show.  I thought it might be the
> tags, perhaps some errant information, but making sure to standardise
> them doesn't seem to help.  No matter what I do, I can't seem to find
> these tracks.
>
> As is traditional in cases such as this, this used to work in F10,
> though I can't remember the pertinent Amarok versions.  Are there any
> suggestions?  Please let me know if there's more information that I can
> provide.

1) Is it reproducible with individual albums? Can you copy all tracks
of an affected album to a different location and reproduce the problem
there?

2) Have you run  amarokcollectionscanner  in a terminal yet to see
what output it gives for an album that is affected?