Re: Understanding Local Networking - help please?

On 01/-10/-28163 08:59 PM, Mikkel wrote:
DB wrote:
Dumb question 1 - are you running the smb and nmb services on the
machines you are trying to connect to?

Dumb question 2 - are you running a firewall on the machines? If so,
did you open it up for Samba and Samba client?

Dumb question 3 - does /var/log/messages or the log files in
/var/log/samba show anything when you try to brows the network?

Mikkel

Ahh, the value of Dumb Questions! smb & nmb wer disabled, & the firewall I didn't know I had wasn't open to Samba and Samba-client!!

So now I can see all 3 computers from both Fedora machines. Now to find out how to access the files/mount the shares.

Thanks Mikkel!!!

Dave