Viewing virtual memory locations from the command line ??

Hi;

I can use gnome-system-monitor with the Ctrl-M key to view memory
addresses for various processes.  It will show me a pop-up window with |
VM Start | VM End | VM Size | Flags | VM Offset | etc.

What would be the command line equivalent ?

I am assuming that such a command line equivalent would have more
refinements than gnome-system-monitor.  I have tried ps, vmstat,
cat /proc/*/stat, but have not been able to get what I want to see  --
the actual address and offset.

Besides user process addresses, I would like to see kernel processes
addresses on stdout.  My understanding is that Virtual Memory for the
kernel map to the same addresses as their physical addresses, so either
view would do.  Also, my understanding is that Virtual Memory creates a
buffer in physical memory where it keeps the VM structure; similarly for
a DMA buffer.  I would like to view them as well -- at least once.

I have three reasons for doing this;

1) I am currently looking closer at how RAM memory is used.  And, like
the guy from Missouri said "seeing is believing".

2) I want to draw a representation of what is in memory at any given
time, just to fix memory operations better in my mind

3) My frustration level is almost boiling over after having spent the
morning trying to find a command line command that will show me
addresses.  Now I just want to know how, or if, it can be done from the
command line.

To avoid anyone spending a lot of time on long explanations, I just need
someone to point me in the right direction re: commands.  If I have
stated some mis-assumptions here, don't worry about it.  I have several
kernel and architecture texts and I am just starting my closer look.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3