Re: Question on using a Joystick as a mouse in Fedora please?

On 09-09-14 10:45:28, Rick Sewill wrote:
> I have a question on using a Joystick as a mouse in Fedora.
>
> I wish to avoid getting carpal tunnel syndrome.
> I noticed, when I use regular mice, I have poor hand position.
> So far, my wrist is okay...but it gets red if I'm not careful.
>
> I was thinking, it might be better for me,
> if I could use a joystick as a mouse.

You might first try setting the mouse Sensitivity and Pointer Speed as
low as they go, so that moving the mouse across the screen will require
moving your hand rather than flexing your wrist.

Note that the injury one gets from repeatedly flexing your wrist is not
to the carpal tunnels.

Injury to the carpal tunnels can result from extended periods of typing
with the wrists bent up to type on a low keyboard.  Raising the
keyboard to upper-chest level will prevent such bad wrist positioning,
as will most "standing stations".  A "wrist rest" also straightens the
wrists, but applies pressure to the carpal tunnels, adding to their
irritation.