Re: Question on using a Joystick as a mouse in Fedora please?

2009/9/14 Smith, Herb <herb.smith@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> > I wish to avoid getting carpal tunnel syndrome.
>>

> I adopted a "track ball" mouse that allows you to move the cursor with
> your thumb and thus eliminate the necessity to have a lot of wrist
> movement.  It works great for me.

+1 for that. I have a Logitech Cordless Optical TrackMan which works
great and definitely gives me less cramp than a mouse. In my case, the
ball is moved with the fingers and my only complaint is that the
scroll wheel is just out of Index Finger reach so you have to switch
hand position to use it (which I don't do very often.)

Also, the full complement of Gel wrist-rests for keyboard and mouse
helps a lot with proper hand position.

--
Sam