installed F11 - custom options - problems with vlc, mplayer - video; xine - audio

I installed Fedora 11 selecting custom install.

On Fedora 10, vlc, mplayer, xine all worked - videos - .flv, .mpg, .mpeg
On Fedora 11
- vlc, mplayer videos are broken - audio works
- xine video and audio works on some, audio broken on some of the videos

The videos show up as lines across the screen of my laptop - no
picture. The audio is fine. I thought I got all the codecs.

Don't know what to check. I used:
http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f11.html

to help me with setting up the video and audio players.

Also, OpenOffice won't play the videos (.flv, .mpg, .mpeg) in Fedora
11. In Fedora 10, vlc was used to play the videos successfully.

I'm thinking I should reinstall Fedora 11 and try again or I may have
to go back and reinstall Fedora 10. I need to be able to use
OpenOffice and play the videos on Friday, 18th September.

But if someone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Darlene Wallach