Re: snip extraneous quotes from your posts to the list, dammit

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Sharpe, Sam J
<sam.sharpe+lists.redhat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/9/13 Peter l Jakobi <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> 2.   Wasting  someones  time  with  excess  quoting  and  flaming   in
>> mailinglists is a good way to ensure that he'll loose his enthusiasm.

<.....>

> I have a bigger problem with people making initial posts full or
> unnecessary verbiage and no concrete information.

+1

There are busy days when one may quickly browse through the list,  pick a post
with the intention to help and then find out that is hard to make sense of it.
It's a good thing --as the list motto goes-- to "assist, encourage and advice"
posters to make better use of this resource.
On the other hand, insulting others leads to nowhere... but it does get people's
attention as this thread shows it.

~af