Re: duplex prob

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Saturday 12 September 2009, sureshbabu ct wrote:
I have a Fedora-5 machine.. with two LAN (RTL 8139 c) cards. machine is
being used for internet sharing .(proxy)
 In that, one LAN card is connected to local area connection and another
one is connected to a Broad-band internet connection,

while using this command

mii-tool

eth0: 10 Mbit, half duplex, no link
eth1: 10 Mbit, half duplex, no link

how to change this to full duplex.

I have added this line in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0, after
that also it is not changing........plz help me...

OOTPROTO=none

What is this OOTPROTO thing? You are missing the B that makes it BOOTPROTO, and I have no idea what none is supposed to do, static and dhcp are the 2 common arguments there.

Hi, Gene.

I ranted about this a couple years back. The documentation is explicit; however, static is so widely misused that it is now tested for and set to none. Static is not a boot protocol period punto final.

Here's the thread (you may notice a few recognizable denizens;)

About half way down look for "The Official RedHat Linux Reference Guide Chapter 12. Network Scripts"

HWADDR=00:40:95:78:1E:B7
ONBOOT=yes
NETMASK=255.255.0.0
IPADDR=172.19.1.42