Re: fedoraproject.org down (ipv6 only)

On 09/11/2009 12:29 AM, Matt Domsch wrote:
I've rolled out a new version of MirrorManager that uses very new
MaxMind GeoIP code to do IPv6 lookups, and 6to4 (IPv4) lookups too.
This is in use now.  Please let me know if you experience any further
problems.

The MaxMind GeoIP IPv6 database only has a couple thousand entries, so
it's bound to have gaps.  The 6to4 lookups will help close that to
some extent.  But where a user isn't using 6to4, and their network
isn't listed in the database already, you'll get the global list back.

Great news. My 6to4 connection is still working (*crosses fingers*) so I hope to be able to test this.

Now you need to get redhat.com on IPv6. ;)