Re: Fedora 11 and GDM - unwanted list of all users and impossible to customize ?

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:02 AM, jaivuk <jaivuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I did not use gdm for some time and now I'm not happy how it looks in Fedora
> 11.
> First of all - the list of local users is unacceptable from security
> reasons. Even if it supports such "an " option - how it can be the default
> one?!
>
> Second problem I have is shutdown button (and possibly restart as well) -
> when you click on shutdown button by mistake, system will shut - there is no
> confirmation dialog.
>
> I also tried to find some ways how to customize gdm in Fedora 11 but I did
> not find any usable guide.
>
> Can anybody please advise me how can I have prompt asking for username only
> (showing last logged user at maximum) and not displaying the list of all
> local users?
> Also can I somehow add confirmation or remove shutdown restart buttons from
> gdm screen?
>
> Or can you please advise any alternative to gdm?

I switched over to kdm - just edit /etc/sysconfig/desktop and enter

DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE

It doesn't display a list of users (or doesn't have to) and is
themeable, and has a dialog after you select the shutdown option.

Regards,

Chris