Re: firefox file-upload broken?

brian wrote:
On 09/08/2009 06:38 PM, Mike Wright wrote:
Hi all,

F10, firefox-3.0.13. Don't know if this is a firefox or fedora firefox bug.

Any web developers out there???

Given this html:

View that in the browser and you will see an input text box with a
"Browse" button.

Click inside the text box.

If your experience matches mine it will act as if the "Browse" button
has been pressed and a "File Open" dialog box opens. That is broken with
a capital F!

How so?

Hi Brian, thanks for listening to my observations.

Maybe I'm missing something here but, imho, if I focus on a text box and a "browse the filesystem" event occurs, that is a bug, no? Otherwise, what is the purpose of the text input box in an "input type='file'" anyway?

Been working on a project using Prototype.js and this left me with the feeling that some observer had intercepted the wrong event.