Re: Thunderbird config date non-compat.-

On 06/09/09 08:00, David Boles wrote:
On 9/6/2009 7:47 AM, Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
On 06/09/09 12:31, David Boles wrote:
--snip--

You guys are making this hard. Don't 'unzip' the package. 'open' it with
the default archive tool, edit the install.rdf file (open it with a test
editor, when you 'save' the edited install.rdf you will be prompted to
(I forget which it is) add or replace the edited file *in* the package.
Install the edited .xpi package in Thunderbird.

Thanks David.
Indeed less work

You're welcome. My pleasure.

   I think I found the simplest solution to my problem! In Thunderbird
   "Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Config Editor" I changed
   "mailnews.display.date_sender" from false to true. [A good guess] I
   now have the sender's time and offset in his local time as well as
   my local time set in the list of messages. The only thing missing
   from previous versions is the day of week which changes with
   geographic location. I am probably a bit eccentric in needing this
   information but ... if it's not there I miss it.

   Thanks for the help, I learn something from everything I do even if
   it doesn't work out as expected.

   Bob