Re: How do you keep your online address-book?

Anthony Joseph Messina wrote:

>> What do people recommend for keeping a list of contacts
>> on the computer?
>> I presently use OpenLDAP, but I'm not completely happy with it.
>
> I use 389 DS LDAP, formerly the Fedora Directory Server
> (http://port389.org) with eGroupWare (http://egroupware.org) as a web &
> SyncML frontend.

Thanks for your response.
I'm looking into your suggestions,
though there are a bit more adventurous than I would like.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of 389-directory-service,
as compared with OpenLDAP?

> eGroupWare via any computer that has access to the host

I looked up eGroupWare, but was surprised there is no official
Fedora package.
(My only fear with this is that an application not supported by Fedora
might become incompatible with some later distribution.)

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net