Re: Problem with alsa-PCM level in pulseaudio

Neil Bird wrote:

On my F10 box, I just had an issue (after a reboot) with music coming out nastily distorted. At least no my box, this usually means that the alsa PCM control is too high/max.

You should report this as a bug against pulseaudio. It probably means that the default settings for your model of card need ammending.

However, I can see no legitimate way of accessing that now that my box is set up to use pulseaudio. alsamixer just shows the one control, being the main volume. The pulseaudio mixer doesn't help ,it just makes the disorted music quieter.

I believe the officially sanctioned way to do this is using gst-mixer which still gives access to the raw alsa mixer channels. This is scheduled to be removed in F12 though as the native gnome-mixer has a few more features than it had in F11.

Simon.