Re: F11 XKB troubles

Hello,

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:19:53 +0000 (UTC) Beartooth TpBkR <beartooth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:10:25 +0100, M A Young wrote:
>
> 	[....]
> > I had that on an install created from a Fedora 11 beta live CD. In the
> > end I got rid of it by renaming .gconf and letting it create a fresh
> > .gconf (as it was a test install I didn't care what other settings I
> > lost).
>
> 	It's probably a Very Dumb Question, but which gconf? Where?

I get the same thing, see below for the record. Did you solve it by
removing your $HOME/.gconf directory?

Right after logging in my GNOME session, I get this:

Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
- a bug in libxklavier library
- a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
- X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation

X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
10603000

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd

Here is the requested information:

$ xprop -root | grep XKB
_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = "evdev", "evdev", "us", "intl", "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "evdev", "evdev", "us", "", ""

$ gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd
 layouts = [us-acentos,us       intl]
 options = [grp grp:shift_caps_toggle,terminate terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp]
 model = latitude

I notice that dead keys don't work anymore, whatever using the
"us-acentos" layout imported from the upgrade to F11 (strange, it is
the first time I see such layout name in X11, us-acentos is the name in
TTY) or a new layout "USA international (with dead keys)" set up using
GNOME keyboard prefs.

The us-acentos layout works fine in TTY, my xorg.conf is set up for a
US intl keyboard:

Section "InputDevice"
# keyboard added by rhpxl
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
        Option      "XkbVariant" "intl"
EndSection

This is a Fedora 11 (just upgraded by yum from Fedora 10), running on a
Dell Latitude E6500. The same hardware/config was running fine in
Fedora 10.

Regards,

--
wwp