Re: Fedora 11 GDM - unwanted list of all local users and impossible to customize?

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:46:17 +0100
jaivuk wrote:

> Or can you please advise any alternative to gdm?

yum install kdm

cat > /etc/sysconfig/desktop
DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE
^D

reboot (I don't think a mere restart is enough).

You will then be using kdm instead of gdm for logins
and you can customize kdm to your heart's content
by editing the nice simple to understand text file:

/etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc

Not only does it have comments, but I see there
is also a /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdm/kdmrc-ref.docbook
file installed (which I never looked at because the
comments were good enough :-).