Re: Latest kernel makes wireless connection to WPA2 router fail

Henrik Frisk wrote:

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 9:22 PM, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Henrik Frisk writes:

        Hi,

        I'm running FC11 on a MacBook Pro. After the latest kernel
        updates (to 2.6.29.6-217.2.16.fc11.x86_64) I cannot connect to
        my wireless router anymore. If I boot up in the previous kernel
        it works fine. Any ideas on how I can fix this? The wireless
        interface on this laptop is a Broadcom Corporation BCM4322.

    No problems on this laptop with BCM4311 and the latest kernel.

    Generally, a blanket statement that something doesn't work offers
    very little usable information to work with. At the very least, you
    should gather some preliminary information yourself, such as:

Right, sorry about that.

    1) the output of lsmod, to determine whether the b43 kernel module
    is loaded.'

It wasn't but it didn't change anything to add it. Here's the output of 'lsmod | grep b43'
b43                   127352  0
ssb                    39572  1 b43
mac80211              199632  1 b43
cfg80211               37088  2 b43,mac80211
input_polldev           3952  2 b43,applesmc

    2) various bits of information from /var/log/messages. kernel
    messages from early in the boot process would report whether or not
    the kernel module was loaded, and if not why not. Or may be you have
    some error messages from NetworkManager, or wpa_supplicant, that
    point towards a clue.

Here's the output of 'cat messages | grep Network':
[__snip__]

It finds the access point but fails at connecting..

thanks for any help,

Did you have the kmod-wl module installed before?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>