Problems with Connection on F10

I keep on getting problem with getting higher level connections on F10 over Ethernet.

I can ping and do low level comms, but cannot get Firefox to work.

The connection icon is showing a red cross what ever I do.

I tried right clicking on it and clicking on the check box a number of times, recreated the connection entering the MAC address.

But to no avail. This problem has been solved for me before but cannot remember the solution.

Hope you can help,

Aaron