Re: MythTV vs php

On Thursday 27 August 2009, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
>On 08/26/2009 11:16 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> Where are you getting MythTV from?  ATRPMs or RPMFusion (or from source
>>> code)?  I can find the RPM in the F11 Fedora repo, but it is not
>>> installed on my FE only laptop (installed from ATRPMs).  And, like you,
>>> it isn't found on my F10 systems, and it isn't needed for me on my BE.
>>> All of my systems are up-to-date....
>>
>> MythTV comes from rpmfusion, and I have a previous version installed but
>> have not managed to get it properly configured.  And I'm all up to date
>> except for that.
>
>If you're on F10, and you're running an F10 version of MythTV that
>depends on php-process, then I would expect that RPMFusion is
>responsible for providing it for you.
>
>Are you sure its a MythTV package that depends on it?

That is what yumex claims, the MythWeb-(currently contemplating version)
needs it.

>Jarod Wilson published the Mythology pages for getting MythTV to work on
>Fedora releases since FC3 or so.  I got mine working around FC5
>timeframe, and it continues to work on F10 for me.  All packages from
>ATRPMs.  (OK, there's that PIL vs python-imaging-libarary problem, but
>besides that, it works for me.)  Also, there is now MythDora that you
>should look into as it starts out as a Live-CD (or DVD, I forget) that
>you can install on your MythTV systems so you should start with a
>working system.
>
>What are your problems getting MythTV running, and have you looked for
>help on the MythTV-users email list?

One of the things is that it doesn't seem to play well with a pcHDTV-3000
card.  tvtime worked very well with it for NTSC, but switching the firmware
loader to set it for NA over the air diigital, and it can't be properly
discovered by Mythconfig.

>If so, bugzilla it over at RPMFusion.

And they have a secure login to get past before I can even check the bz
database, I was just there.

>> Kaffiene tries to work, but development seems to have stopped before
>
>  ^^^^^^^^
>  kaffeine?

Yeah, I can't spell.  That works, sorta, till you try to change channels,
then it locks up, and leaves itself still running even after a powerdown
reboot!  You have to go around and kill it after every reboot once that has
happened.  I have been doing that for months, then a month or so back it quit
doing the autorun thing and I haven't tried to run it since.

 htop can eventually find and terminate its crash leftovers, but this isn't
supposed to be winderz where you have to re-install after most crashes.

The channel scanner tool won't let you add a found channel, it deletes what
it had before, so you have to do them all or nothing, and locally there seem
to be at least 3 phantom channels.  The fedora 10 version of kaffeine doesn't
even have a channel finder/scanner, and no docs on constructing a channel
list file either, so AFAICS, its a parking place for some code that doesn't
work.

>> it was anywhere near prime time material.  And the fedora version is at
>> least 2 years out of date, I had to build that from the tarballs.

Thank you.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

In the misfortune of our friends we find something that is not displeasing
to us.
		-- La Rochefoucauld, "Maxims"