Re: MythTV vs php

On 08/26/2009 11:16 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 August 2009, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
>> On 08/26/2009 06:34 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> Greetings;
>>>
>>> We have had a showstopper as far as yumex is concerned, for 3 or more
>>> days, while trying to update our MythTV installs on 32 bit F10 installs.
>>>
>>> The MythTV package series now offered needs a dependency called
>>> php-process. Obviously there is no such package available, or wasn't a
>>> couple of hours ago.
>>>
>>> Has anyone an idea how this can be alleviated?
>>>
>>> Thanks all.
>>
>> Where are you getting MythTV from?  ATRPMs or RPMFusion (or from source
>> code)?  I can find the RPM in the F11 Fedora repo, but it is not
>> installed on my FE only laptop (installed from ATRPMs).  And, like you,
>> it isn't found on my F10 systems, and it isn't needed for me on my BE.
>> All of my systems are up-to-date....
>
> MythTV comes from rpmfusion, and I have a previous version installed but have
> not managed to get it properly configured.  And I'm all up to date except for
> that.

If you're on F10, and you're running an F10 version of MythTV that
depends on php-process, then I would expect that RPMFusion is
responsible for providing it for you.

Are you sure its a MythTV package that depends on it?

Jarod Wilson published the Mythology pages for getting MythTV to work on
Fedora releases since FC3 or so.  I got mine working around FC5
timeframe, and it continues to work on F10 for me.  All packages from
ATRPMs.  (OK, there's that PIL vs python-imaging-libarary problem, but
besides that, it works for me.)  Also, there is now MythDora that you
should look into as it starts out as a Live-CD (or DVD, I forget) that
you can install on your MythTV systems so you should start with a
working system.

What are your problems getting MythTV running, and have you looked for
help on the MythTV-users email list?

If so, bugzilla it over at RPMFusion.

> Kaffiene tries to work, but development seems to have stopped before
  ^^^^^^^^
  kaffeine?

--
Kevin J. Cummings