Re: yum update and windows missing title bar

On Wednesday 26 August 2009 21:28:57 you wrote:
> 2009/8/26 Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Window manager failed? Maybe some the following could help:
> >
> > * log out and log back in
> > * killall plasma & plasma &&
> > * kwin --replace  (and look for any errors)
> > * read /var/log/messages for any info from kwin
> > * disable desktop effects
> > * reboot the machine (there were a lot of updates for KDE, maybe
> > something got
> > messed up wrt already running apps?)
> >
> > Are you maybe using some other window manager? Compiz? WindowMaker?
> > Something
> > else?
> >
> > HTH, :-)
> > Marko
>
> Yes it is compiz failing. It complains about missing Xgl.

Well then, it is a completely different issue. I assumed you were using kwin,
since it is the default for KDE.

> My xorg.conf is given at the end of this mail.

I am used to starting compiz using the fusion-icon, which usually Just Works
(I believe it automatically sets up all compiz command line switches
appropriately for your particular video hardware). I never needed to configure
xorg.conf manually (assuming I already had a 3D accelerated driver), so I
cannot help you much if it doesn't work for you. AFAIK, there are good setup
instructions on the compiz-fusion web site.

Also, if you want best compiz-fusion experience, I can also recommend emerald
window decorator. Both work quite well under KDE.

Best, :-)
Marko