Re: F11: Fedora Eclipse: SVN fails to connect to any svn repository: Hangs.

On 08/26/2009 11:36 AM, Andrew Overholt wrote:
* Daniel B. Thurman<dant@xxxxxxxxx>  [2009-08-26 13:29]:
I checked.  It does not work at all.

You love the inflammatory subjects and statements,eh?  :)

Was that a joke?  It was specifically on SVN and perhaps a
localized problem, i.e. maybe it's just me! :)
Yes, I was kidding :)

I checked over and over - Subclipse spins it's wheels, chewing up CPUs
(I have two, so both CPUs are chewing hard) - so only a kill will
terminate it.
You should file a bug against the package (eclipse-subclipse).  This is
not expected behaviour nor can I reproduce it.

Then, I went back to Ganymede and noticed that even though
the startup splash appeared, it loaded the components, but strangely,
it created a $HOME/Desktop/Projects folder with the "wsp1" contents,
Wow, I've never seen anything like that.

Andrew
Can you please, pretty please do me a favor if you can?

I downloaded Galileo from Eclipse.  What are the steps to
get a working SVN package installed?

The software install "Collaboration" category includes the
SVN packages but it is missing the "tigris adaptor" and without
this adaptor, it will not work at all.  I prefer to use this method
if I can get the "pre-installed adaptor" installed properly.

Having done this months ago, I used "The Mylyn Task" method,
got it to work, but I forget the steps required to do it. As I recall
it was not a breeze because even then, it required careful
steps to get it right i.e. you cannot use the SVN stuff provided
in Eclipse Software Install packages or there will be a conflict
with "MyLyn Task - CollabNet" installation process.

Perhaps a link that is proven to work?

Thanks!
Dan