Re: SSH and X forwarding not working from my laptop

Gary Stainburn wrote:
> I'm sure I've reported this a while back but I can't find it in the archives.
>
> I'm having a problems connecting from my laptop to a number of my servers.
> It's not a solid fault, but it's fairly constant at the moment.
>
> I have a number of servers FC7 to FC10 that I connect to, as well as a number
> of FC10 workstations. These all work fine. However from my laptop I get the
> following when I connect:
>
> Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
> tcsetattr: Interrupted system call
> Last login: Wed Aug 26 11:13:21 2009 from gary.ringways.co.uk
> [root@stan ~]#
>
> and then once I'm in the BASH command line editing doesn't work.
>
> Can anyone suggest where I can start looking into the problem.  I'm not too
> bad with ssh but have  no knowledge of xauth, konsole, BASH etc.
>
> Gary
Dumb question - have you compared /etc/ssh/ssh.conf on your laptop
to the same file on machines that do not give you trouble? It sounds
like an xauth problem on the laptop...

# If this option is set to yes then remote X11 clients will have
full access
# to the original X11 display. As virtually no X11 client supports
the untrusted
# mode correctly we set this to yes.
        ForwardX11Trusted yes
#