Re: Broken downloads of FC11-x86_64 and other disturbances

Ed Greshko wrote:
lists@funkster1 wrote:
Hi Ed,
unfortunately the disk check mechanism of the burnt media on boot also
fails.

I've seen that fail too many times when media is burnt at a high speed....

I only burn at 4x max. for DVD media, and 8x max. for CD-Rom for exactly
these reasons.

I'm downloading with a FF addon called 'Down Them All', where you can
choose between md5, sha1/256/384/512 to compare/check directly before
downloading.
It already fails there most of the times. Normal or ftp download changes
nothing either. This is the first time I see something like this.

IMHO, I would just download via bittorrent...  Never had a problem with
that...  I've no experience with your choice of FF addons.

Well, I'll try once again via bit-torrent and see how it goes.
If it fails once more, would a distro upgrade from fc10 to fc11 be
feasible/painless?