YPBIND Failure

 I'm trying to replace an old server (still running RH7.3) with a new
one (running FC11). For the most part, everything works ... except the
YP setup. The way things are configured is that this machine is the YP
master, and then I have a 3rd machine that's binding to it to get the
user information it needs. As far as I can tell, all the configuration
files and everything is setup identical as the old machine ... except,
the 3rd machine has issues. When I launch ypbind, it binds properly, no
errors. However, when I test logging in with a user, it tells me the
password failed. So obviously there's something wrong. It's almost as
if the password map isn't being passed or checked, but for the life of
me I can't figure out why.
 Is there still someone out there who knows enough about YP that can
help me track this puppy down? Thanks!