Re: firefox open containing folder

> On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 09:38 -0400, Jud Craft wrote:
> > On 08/16/2009 09:28 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> >
> > > There is on may machine, as well as an option Open with other
> > > Application. This is in Gnome.
> >
> > Well darn.  Are you sure?  This is mine.  Sorry for the
attachment.

> > I don't have a "Open With" tab for folders.  On my machine
(running
> > GNOME but with some KDE stuff), Firefox's "Open containing folder"
pulls
> > up Konqueror.
> Well some confusion exists between us. What you ar epicturing in
your
> image is indeed the property menu of a folder. I must be very
confused
> because I don't see an "OPen containig folder" option in firefox.
Where
> is it and when is it used?

Hello
For this to work, you must first have something in your "Download List"

1. Select "Tools | Downloads"
2. In the window that pops up, right click on one of the items that
you have previously downloaded.
3. On MY system, the second item from the top of the context menu that
comes up is "Open Containing Folder"

Here is a screenshot:
http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/Firefox-OpenContainingFolder-
ScreenShot.jpg

I suppose it could be of really good use if one had their browser set
so you could choose each time where you wanted something to be saved
to.  So, if you forget where you saved it, just right click and select
"Open Containing Folder"

I hope I did not misunderstand your question...

Steven P. Ulrick