Re: Using Bugzilla ??

Thanks Anne;

On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 16:20 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 16 August 2009 15:33:42 William Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >

> > I have an URL from a couple of years ago that I use for a new report
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora but if I start
> > there, I dare not click a link to 'Home' or 'Search' or 'Browse' because
> > I can't get back to the Report page without closing down and re-using
> > the above URL.
> >
> If you have previously searched and know that the bug does not already exist
> you can simply carry on, using the wizard to create the report.  I don't have
> bugzilla open in front of me, but I've used it today, doing the search first,
> then starting the bug report.
>
> > To get to the 'Search' page on purpose I use
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?classification=Fedora , if
> > that makes a difference.
> >
> > Have I set something up incorrectly or missed something in my account
> > registration so that the 'New' link doesn't work?
> >
> Probably not, except that you didn't notice that by scrolling down a little
> you can carry on with the report.

So I would have thought. I just went back to bugzilla; 'New' does not
give me a report form; there is no scrolling to be done.  I did notice a
couple of lock icons which show a valid Equifax certificate -- good for
two years.  I looked in my own "Authorizations" and noticed a couple of
entries under fedoraproject (none named bugzilla) -- but didn't tinker
yet.

I can get to 'Preferences' and it holds my personal data as I had input
it.  I have removed and replaced my bugzilla password just in case -- no
joy.

'My Front Page' lists only the most recent the bugs I have submitted so
Bugzilla is recording submissions but seems to have lost older ones.

Could it be something in SELinux or Mozilla (Epiphany/Firefox) --
pop-ups are allowed in case that may be the problem?

Root or User never made a difference in the past.  Bugzilla took bug
reports from both?

Links by existing bug number work!

> > 3) How do I get my *original bug report* sent to me so I can keep a bug
> > thread going from the original filing through all responses?  I am sure
> > this is just some personal configuration or check box I have missed.
> >
> That's the default, surely?  I always get a copy of mine and of all answers in
> the bug report.

I have 1 recent Bug filed and 1 comment on someone else's bug.  I am
CC'd on both report forms but have never received a copy.  On the other
hand, I am still receiving bug updates on older bugs.

It *seems* like when I go to the 'Search' page I am being handled like a
non-account but for personal pages my account and password are
recognized.

But then, why is
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora still getting
me to a Report Form where as
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?classification=Fedora isn't?

Notice, the only difference between the URLs are the words 'product' vs
'classification'?

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3