Re: firefox open containing folder

On 08/14/2009 03:45 AM, Tim wrote:
On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 19:08 -0700, Skunk Worx wrote:
If I right-click the item and select "Open Containing Folder" it pops
up an application named "Launch Application" and it makes the
statement "This link needs to be opened with an application. Send to:"
and I can choose / remember choice / cancel.

I think this used to work in F10 but now the association fails. I was
hoping it would bring up in "File Browser".

Is there a specific place to fix this?

It was common, and perhaps still is, to suffer that problem if you
right-clicked on a folder, and opened the folder with something like a
music player, or picture viewer program.  It became a permanent setting,
rather than something that only happened there and then.

I don't think I've ever changed it, in fact I remember noticing after the fresh install of F11 it was happening and assumed it would eventually be fixed by updates so I waited a couple months before asking.

I set the association to /usr/bin/nautilus and checked the "remember" box and things seem ok now.

Thanks,
John