Re: How to check the information is true or false?

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 16:35 +0800, Clarence Huang wrote:
> How  do I know that information is true or false?

You have asked a good question.  The same applies here.  You only hope
we have the right answers.  You need to use common sense.

Do several different websites offer the same advice?  Have you tried our
own website, first?  http://fedoraproject.org/  There's lots of things
on there (FAQs, guides, etc.).

When you find advice on websites, are there replies to the advice?  And
do they confirm or refute the advice?

Does it sound sensible?  Look for advice that explains, rather than just
a list of things to do.

Try narrowing your search to locations that you feel you can rely upon.
For example, you could add site:fedoraproject.org to your Google query
to make Google search that site for answers.   Or, to search just this
mailing list, site:www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/

e.g. http://www.google.com.au/search?&q=faq+site%3Awww.redhat.com%2Farchives%2Ffedora-list%2F

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r