Re: Two USB ports dissappeared... (SOLVED)

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
>> Hello Everyone
>> I am running a Fedora 11 system based on the Supermicro
>> SuperWorkstation 5046AXB.  It has approximately 10-12 USB ports,
>> with two on the front of the machine that are very handy for my
>> camera and card reader.  Unfortunately, those two ports in front
>> seem to have disappeared as far as Fedora is concerned.
>
> Hello Everyone...
> UGGGH!  Sorry for the noise.  At least now the fix to my problem is
> about to be documented in case anyone else has the same problem.  It
> it a combination Hardware/Brain Matter issue :)

You are not the first person, nor will you be the last person, that
has asked the list for help on what turns out to be a hardware
problem. It is not always easy to know when you start
troubleshooting. This is especially true when you didn't think you
did anything that would have caused the problem.

I don't think it is a problem if you ask about hardware problems on
the list anyway. There are a lot of people on this list that have
run into unusual hardware problems and can recognize the symptoms,
and know what to check to be sure.

> P.S.:  Hey Mikkel: I am now wrapping my plain text email messages at
> column 68 (again, this is in KMail.)  I'm looking forward to seeing
> the results.

It sound take care of it. This reply should let us know for sure.

Mikkel