Two USB ports dissappeared...

Hello Everyone
	I am running a Fedora 11 system based on the Supermicro SuperWorkstation
5046AXB.  It has approximately 10-12 USB ports, with two on the front of the
machine that are very handy for my camera and card reader.  Unfortunately, those
two ports in front seem to have disappeared as far as Fedora is concerned.  I
can plug my card reader into a port in the back and it automounts right away.
But plugging anything into the front two ports does nothing.  Nothing in
/var/log/messages, nothing...  Just to be sure I unplugged the cable that those
two ports are connected to and plugged it back into the motherboard.  Still
nothing.  My bios is set to support 12 USB ports.
	The really strange thing is that I have knowingly done nothing to cause this.
The only thing that I can think of is that I just installed a DVD burner and
perhaps something got damaged then.  Unfortunately I can't remember if I have
used those USB ports since I put the DVD burner in.  I have even tried booting
into a different kernel, to see if that might be the issue.  No joy...
	I'm hoping it is as simple as getting a new one of the removable unit that
contains any optical drives I might have, in addition to the power button, reset
button, two USB ports and assorted lights.

Thank you in advance for anything you can do to help me :)

Steven P. Ulrick